One week’s rent payable in advance to secure a property and ensure removal from the market. Please note this will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor (s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
Five weeks rent payable upon signing for a property. This covers any damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy agreement.
The Bond is held by Local Lettings & Estates (2015) Ltd t/a Coubrough & Co in a tenancy deposit scheme with My Deposits, Premiere House, 1st Floor, Elstree Way, Bovehamwood, WD6 1JH, tel: 0333 321 9401, email: email@example.com
Rent and Other Charges
You must pay the rent in full and on the dates agreed. Where rent is unpaid 14 days after it is due, interest at Bank of England base rate plus 3% will be charged. You can be charged the costs the landlord has to pay his lender if a mortgage payment is missed. If we receive your rent from someone else, we will consider them to be your agent. We will not create a tenancy with any person who pays rent on your behalf.
We may increase the rent at the end of the fixed term period between 3% and 10%.
We or our agent may recover any reasonable costs we have to pay for call-outs to the property. Where keys are lost, if we wish to assist you we will charge the actual cost of a replacement if you collect it at our office. If we have to meet you at the property, we will charge our time at £40 per hour plus the cost of the lost key. If the key is lost outside of business hours you must contact an emergency locksmith and pay the cost yourself. This must be paid at the time of the incident. We have neither a contractual or statutory obligation to assist with lost keys. If you want extra keys for other family occupiers, you will have to arrange and pay for these yourself.
Breach of Contract
We may have to pay costs if you do not keep the conditions of the signed Tenancy Agreement. The law allows us to recover our reasonable costs from you. The costs you will have to pay are as follows:
- If we send you a Section 8 Housing Act 1988 notice because you have broken this agreement, you must pay our reasonable costs of not more than £35, including VAT. We will not charge you for any covering letter. (The guidance prevents charging for a letter and does not mention s8)
- If your Bank returns a cheque, standing order or direct debit unpaid, you must pay our reasonable costs of not more than £20 inc VAT
- If you do not respond to the letter about arrears, and as a result we or our agent have to visit you at home, you will pay our reasonable costs of not more than £40, including VAT. You can avoid that by keeping in contact.
- If we have a genuine reasons to believe that you have abandoned the property and we have to visit the property and speak to neighbours and authorities, you agree to pay our reasonable costs of not more than £40, including VAT. You can avoid that by keeping in contact.
- Damage to the property caused by tenant neglect or neglect of persons invited t the property by the tenant you agree to pay the bill from the workman plus up to £40 per hour administration costs for our time in arranging these matters.
- Failure to keep appointments such as Gas Safety Inspections, periodic Inspections which have been previously agreed, unless cancelled no later than 12 hours beforehand you agree to pay an admin charge of up to £40.
- If you leave without giving notice you must pay rent for the period you should have given notice. This will be claimed against the deposit if possible.
- Leaving early is a breach of the tenancy and you agree to pay 1/12th the cost of Letting Agents fees for each month left on the fixed term tenancy, plus rent due until a suitable new tenant moves in, plus £190 including VAT for the cost of advertising for new tenants, showing them around the property, conducting credit and Right to Rent checks, preparing a new AST and protecting a new deposit and arranging a new Inventory.
- Where rent has been overpaid during the tenancy and we incur administration costs in dealing with its calculation and repayment a fee of £25 will be charged. This would be a breach of the terms of the tenancy as the amount of rent to be paid is explained in the contract.
- If you lose your copy of the Tenancy Agreement we will provide a copy for £6, including VAT.
- You will be responsible for any reasonable call-out charges if you wrongfully ask for a workman to come to the property, and this is due to incorrect information or against our or our agent’s advice. The most you will have to pay is £40 including VAT.
- You will pay our reasonable legal costs as ordered by the court if we have to evict you for rent arrears.
- We will provide future landlords or Letting Agents with a reference about how you conducted the tenancy, and our charge to them will be £25.
You may, with our permission, make another person a joint tenant under an existing Tenancy Agreement. The addition of a joint tenant will incur an administration fee of no more than £40, including VAT.
We will claim against the above from your deposit or via the small claims court. We will not make a claim without fully providing our actual losses.
WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE MY DEPOSITS CLIENT MONEY PROTECTION SCHEME
WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE PROPERTY OMBUDSMAN REDRESS SCHEME
ALL THE ABOVE FEES ARE INCLUSIVE OF VAT